Sunday, October 24, 2010

How much longer until NaNo?

Ok, so I'm having a hard time waiting for NaNo to start. I've got my plot bunny, I've got names (mostly) for my characters, I've got the conflict if not the resolution, and most importantly- I have the drive. So yes, I'm having a hard time waiting for NaNo to start Nov 1st. Most people ask me, well have you done character profiles? What about an outline? To them I say- no. Why not? Because I don't work that way. Would it help? I'm sure it would but I think I have a block, especially about outlines. I just can't stick to one and I hate putting the effort into making one. When I write I visualize what I want to happen, or what needs to happen- then I write it. It's like a movie playing in my head that I can then translate into words. There's probably a lot of planning or organizational stuff I can do to get ready and to take time, and I'm doing more of that this time around than I ever have previously, but I just want to write. I want to open the imagination and start typing. I guess it's a lot like brainstorming- I can't see the finished product until I get to that point. Then again that could just be my block on endings as well. Oh well- 1 week to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment